Over the years I’ve added lots of tools to my kit and it keeps growing. I’m going to share with you, some of the items that are currently in my event planner in Vancouver kit!
I recommend a portable charger, as an event planner in Vancouver you must have your mobile phone on you at all times. Leaving it hooked up to a wall charger is not an option.
Super handy, particularly in the planning phase.
There will always be someone asking “does anyone have a pair of scissors?”
It is always good to keep several different types, from electrical tape to tape down trippy wires, neon tape to mark out space, double-sided tape and duct tape.
These are great little tools for adhering décor items, floral arrangements, or packing items together. I carry two different sizes.
I recommend using a BBQ lighter so that when you’re lighting loads of candles you don’t burn your fingertips! We carry several in our kit, so a few assistants can be on candle duty at the same time!
Depending on your venue, they may have them but it’s always good to have back up! Pro tip get the eight-hour burners in white or ivory and always go for unscented!
Red wine stain remover and, while you’re at it, pop some Tide to Go sticks or Clorox bleach pens into that kit too!
Power cords & extension cords
You won’t always have an a/v team on site, so I count having these items as essentials and I use them pretty often.
A Colour wheel
This is used in the early planning stages of an event and during one of the more fun aspects of planning an event…planning the décor and colour scheme! I like to use visuals when communicating my ideas to my clients and vendors.
Other essential event planner in Vancouver tools include…
- Lint roller
- Pens & Sharpies in several colours
- Paper towel
- Adhesive tapes and hooks
- Misc. Beauty items
- Comb, bobby pins, hair ties, hair spray, mirror
- Tampons and pads
- Sunscreen (particularly important if you’re doing an event set up in the hot sun)
- Ibuprofen and other medications such as Tylenol – because headaches happen☹
- Band-Aids and alcohol wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Mints – Keep that breath fresh honey! (I also keep a toothbrush & toothpaste in my purse)
- Sewing kit – Buttons pop, more often than you would think! My trusty little sewing kit has come to the rescue on many occasions.
- Deodorant –. Event setups can be a workout, I always try to get a 5-minute break to freshen up prior to guests arriving. Pro tip* I stock my kit with the single disposable deodorant wipes, so staff or a guest can use if needed.
- Snacks – Event days can go by quickly and before you know it hours have gone by with no chance to eat. I bring easy quick snacks like fruit, nuts and granola bars for me and my team. I also encourage everyone to bring a reusable water bottle.
Don’t forget to label your items with your name and phone number….things have a way of going missing and being misplaced.
So there you have it! Everything you need in order to make sure your event runs smoothly, courtesy of an experienced event planner in Vancouver!